A YOUNG boy was in hospital after being bitten by a poisonous snake on a picnic.
Lewis Wise, three, was hunting for his toys when the adder attacked.
He was given morphine at the hospital but his left leg was so swollen that he was unable to walk.
Lewis, of Addlestone, Surrey, was out with his family on Sunday at Lightwater Country Park.
Dad Daniel, 39, said: “He has been really brave but the swelling is so big, he can’t move at the moment.”
He said: “We think he may have trod on it by accident and it latched onto his leg. It was instant and then he was in excruciating pain.
“We were trying to keep his heart rate low. You have to keep your children calm because the faster your heart pumps, the quicker the venom goes around your body.
“We took him to St Peter’s Hospital.
It is not known how long Lewis will have to remain in hospital.
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org