Manchester United have been in imperious form since the Premier League restart.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side are unbeaten in 15 matches in all competitions as they aim for a top-four finish in a bid to secure Champions League football.
And if they do qualify for European football’s premier tournament, they will need reinforcements, just as they will if they are to make a title challenge next season.
Here are the latest transfer rumours as Solsjkaer looks to beef up his squad.
Inter want full-time Sanchez switch
United flop Alexis Sanchez’s time at Old Trafford may come soon to a permanent end.
The forward, who signed from Arsenal two-and-a-half years ago, was due back at United on Tuesday, but he will now stay at loan club Inter Milan until the beginning of August, Goal suggests.
The report claims Inter are considering turning the Chilean international’s switch into a full-time move for around £18million.
Sources told Goal that United are reluctant to allow Sanchez, who would be ineligible to play for United in the Europa League, to continue at Inter beyond August 5 or 6, Inter’s scheduled last-16 Europa League tie with Getafe.
Former Arsenal youngster on United’s radar
AC Milan midfielder Ismael Bennacer has revived his career in Italy since he left Arsenal in the summer of 2017.
And he is now attracting United’s interest, with the Reds poised to make a £45m bid for the 22-year-old, according to Algerian outlet Competition.
It reports that United have been keeping tabs on Bennacer, who joined Milan at the start of the season from Empoli, as they wait for a green light from the Rossoneri to make a move.
The French-born Algeria international made a single first team appearance for Arsenal.
Valencia set to swoop for United defender
United defender Eric Bailly’s time at Old Trafford may be coming to an end, with Valencia looking to take the Ivory Coast international on loan.
The centre-half joined United from Villarreal ahead of the 2016/2017 season, but has suffered with injuries during his time at Old Trafford.
The Sun claims the La Liga side are hopeful of securing his signature, but United would apparently want them to pay at least half of his £150,000-per-week wages.
United boss Solskjaer is said to be willing to let Bailly get regular minutes, with the 26-year-old currently behind first-choice centre-halves Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof.
It is also reported that United would let him leave on a permanent basis – but only if they receive offers close to the £30m they splashed out four years ago.
Teenage forward linked to United
United’s record at bringing through young players is well documented, but they are apparently planning to bring in a teenage forward from Denmark.
Danish publication EkstraBladet claims the club has sent scouts to watch Mohammed Kudus in action for FC Nordsjaelland.
The 19-year-old Ghanaian has scored two goals in three games since the Danish Super League resumed and has 11 goals in 26 games so far this season.
Capped twice for his country, Kudus, who can also play as an attacking midfielder, would reportedly cost around £4.5m and has also attracted attention from Ajax.
Sign up to the Mirror Football email here for the latest news and transfer gossip.