An entire family were rushed to hospital after accidentally mixing a huge bag of cannabis into their curry.
The victims were given the bag of weed by a local prankster, who told them it was ‘fenugreek’ – and ideal for curries.
Cops in Kannauj, India, claimed they bought the bag off a guy called Nawal, the neighbour of one of the victims called Nitesh.
Nawal allegedly got it passed it onto his sister-in-law who stirred it into a potato curry called Aloo-methi.
Aloo-methi is fenugreek leaves and potatoes sauteed in garlic and spices.
She consumed it along with six family members.
The Times of India told how Nitesh, his elderly dad Om Prakash, and siblings Manoj, Kamlesh, Arti, and Pinki all feel ill within hours of eating the curry.
They managed to alert neighbours, who called paramedics as the family slipped out of consciousness.
Local cop Nagendra Kumar Pathak said: “We have seized the weed, besides the curry from the house of Om Prakash and sent samples of the same for laboratory test.
“During interrogation, the accused Nawal confessed that it was a prank he played on Nitesh.
“The family is out of danger and further investigations are underway.”
A local source said: “After heavy consumption of the drug, the family started losing consciousness but happened to inform their neighbours before passing out.
“They were rushed to a hospital where all six of their conditions remain stable.”
A video shows the family lying on hospital beds being treated.
The incident took place on June 27.